Self Introduction – Michael Johnson

The Gateway Forums Announcements Self Introductions Self Introduction – Michael Johnson

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Ursula.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mjohn27603
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m retiring at the end of June after a 30 year career in the automotive industry as an engineer.  I have a M.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering.  My hobby is photography and I’ve enjoyed visiting scenic natural areas to photograph.  I have a strong interest in science and value the uniqueness of life on our planet.  One of the things I’m considering in retirement is to be trained as a local land conservation steward and volunteer with local environmental organizations.  I began to search out communities that share my values and found this group.  I look forward to engaging and participating here.

Elie_Wolf
        Participant

Hi Michael!

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! I also am very into photography (mostly wildlife) and stewardship of the land. Very nice to meet you!

Elie

Ursula
          Participant

Hi Michael — If you enjoy retirement half as much as I do, you’ll be one happy man. I love the concept that it’s a rewirement. Please keep us posted on what you wind up doing. And keep in mind the words of a friend: “I love growing old. I feel liberated from expectation.”

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.