Self Introduction – Mark I

The Gateway Forums Announcements Self Introductions Self Introduction – Mark I

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark I
      Participant

Hello. I am Mark Iredell or “Mark I” on this forum. I am a retired atmospheric scientist and live at this writing in Alexandria, Virginia. I have been a member of the Religious Naturalist Association since 2016, but I have been born and raised and thinking and feeling as a religious naturalist my whole life without necessarily giving it that name. I have wide-ranging tastes but my specific interests are bread, climate, and songs. Salutations!

tfindlay
        Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for introducing yourself. I hope others will do the same.

Nat44Rel
          Participant

Mark, I am somewhat familiar with your interest in Songs and Climate, but I don’t understand bread.  Do you mean you enjoy home baking of bread, or do your interests run in other directions.  I ask because I make a mean (and simple) Louisiana French bread, and a pretty good cinnamon roll (guilty pleasure).  I used to do sourdough, and when Covid broke out and we could not get yeast I returned to it, but somehow lost my rabbit foot and most of it was BAD, so I was happy when we could get yeast again, and grateful for the businesses that produce it in such abundance and quality.

Thanks,

Michael

Mark I
              Participant

Michael, yes I do mean I enjoy home baking of bread. I too scrambled when yeast was unavailable. I think I will post about my experiences with bread making  in the “Other Arts” category under Arts, and maybe we can hear what Louisiana French bread is and how to make it. 🙂

Nat44Rel
              Participant

Mark, I’m experimenting with the “Tags” feature in the new listserv, by writing “Making Bread” in the tags at the bottom of this post.  I’ll then go to the separate thread you started on Making bread, so see if there is a cross-link.  A fairly superficial use of the feature to be sure, but I want to know how to use it for other conversations as well.  Thanks, Michael

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.