Psychological Manipulation for Profit

Emerson

Psychological Manipulation for Profit

Post by Emerson »

This YouTube video is titled, “What Went Wrong with Gaming” … I could have posted it in several places but I chose “Other Science” because it’s generalization is all about publicly manipulating human nature specifically for profit … I encourage members to hear it all or at least scroll through it:

https://youtu.be/g16heGLKlTA

There is a very high chance all of your children and grandchildren, and you yourself, experience this sort of un-kind if not ‘diabolical’ manipulation on a daily basis.

To be sure, there is a place for moderate pleasure-dome titillation techniques in marketing and in social engagements. That’s part of the thrill or perhaps mystery we find in the unknown … but in the hands of experts … such manipulation really plays on our various weaknesses, gullibilities and desires for inclusion or need for identity or acceptance.

Thoughts?

Not so incidentally, many of these techniques cane from American advertising routines and are also now being used in American political fund raising routines.

Additional thoughts?

Be kind, be non-manipulative, and actually enjoy life itself,
- Emerson
Emerson

Re: Psychological Manipulation for Profit

Post by Emerson »

This YouTube 11 min video isn’t a perfect followup to the previous link about manipulating gaming participants for profit, but it is the same general track. It is titled, “YouTube Ads are Getting Insane and I Hate It”:

https://youtu.be/_--LvdAHfVo

The general idea in this video is that Google (which now owns YouTube) is working on a variety of techniques for increasing their profitability from advertising that perhaps abuses both content creators and content viewers for the benefit of investors over users. No surprise, given the global economic structure and the social structure we are participating in today.

Be prepared and be kind, in business, means what exactly?
- Emerson
Emerson

Re: Psychological Manipulation for Profit

Post by Emerson »

I may as well add this YouTube video clip from Second Thought, entitled, “Why There’s No Such Thing as an Ethical Business under Capitalism”.

https://youtu.be/idBdAw5PuTI

At 11:48: “Under a capitalist system you cannot be unprofitable. And that will always take precedence over any concern for social and environmental justice. Because, if it doesn’t, it’s Chapter 11 time.”

I think the concern here could also be extended to include the issue of adaptability for species survival, if that doesn’t push the topic too far.

To wit, at 11:58: “The second problem is: the world shareholder capitalists are selling us, isn’t even desirable in the first place.”

RN needs a way to dialog about these complex issues from a naturalistic viewpoint. Perhaps this Forum might be one such way.

Be factual and then logical, and see where it takes us,
- Emerson